Error Restoring TT-RSS From Backup

Problem Description
I created a new 19.2 FreedomBox on Pioneer. I attempted to restore TT-RSS from backup and got the error message:

Exception while creating PDO object:SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”
FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a backup of installation that uses TT-RSS
  2. Download backup to local storage
  3. Flash SD card for Pioneer 19.2
  4. Start FreedomBox with SD Card
  5. Install TT-RSS app
  6. Upload Backup from local storage
  7. Select TT-RSS and restore
  8. From application menu select TT-RSS

Expected Results
I expected to see TT-RSS start up

Actual results
Exception while creating PDO object:SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”
FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”

Screenshot

Information

• FreedomBox version: 19.2
  • Hardware: Pioneer
  • How did you install FreedomBox?: Downloaded August image from website.

Since this is a fresh install for a production FreedomBox, I’m going to try again and install TT-RSS without restoration. I’ll import the OPML from the FreedomBox I backed up.

We had reports of this bug earlier and were trying to reproduce it. Perhaps using this backup restore, the problem is reproducible. I will look in to it. Thank you for the detailed report.

I hope you were able to restore you OPML feed properly. Let me know if you are facing issues with that.

Thanks, Sunil. I’m dealing with another issue related to power, so I haven’t reinstalled it yet, but I’ve been able to reload from OPML before.

is there a solution to this problem? I get the same error message after reinstalling the FreedomBox and installing the tt-rss backup files.
thank you in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I don’t have a solution. I’ve been living with reloading from periodic saved OPML exports and starting over, losing starred and saved article.