The following are some roles in our project that can benefit from more participation - either dedicated or part-time. Some people have already been playing these roles informally in an ad-hoc fashion. This is an attempt to bring more attention to these roles and look for participation.
- Write detailed stories in unambiguous language.
- Break down epics into smaller stories.
- Take care of dependencies between stories.
- Label stories appropriately.
- Analyze and create user personae.
- Come up with acceptance criteria for stories.
- Organize stories into releases and maintain Kanban boards.
- Track merge requests corresponding to stories in the release.
- Work with the community to decide the order of priority of stories.
- Basic GNU/Linux skills
- Willingness to learn and understand some of the technical stories
- Requirements gathering from users
- Understand skill levels of various user personae to guide development and UX
- Ensure quality of the system by regularly coming up with tests for various features.
- Think of various ways in which the system can fail. Do exploratory testing.
- Automate tests by adding more functional and API tests.
- Maintain a library of smoke tests and execute them on each release.
- FreedomBox power user
- Test environment setup - virtualbox, vagrant
- Automation tools - Selenium in Python
- Test library - Wikis or Spreadsheets
- Some application security knowledge is nice to have
- Keep end-user documentation updated.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest features in the app. Follow development closely.
- Identify and improve areas of the application lacking documentation.
- Writing for a non-technical audience. Ability to explain things in a simple, non-ambiguous language.
- Use screenshots, diagrams etc. where appropriate
- FreedomBox power user.
- Translates documentation from English to other languages.
- (optional) Contribute new documentation which can get translated to English and other languages.
- Wikis and translation tools
- Multi-lingual with proficiency in at least two languages (not necessarily English, e.g. can translate from Spanish to Portuguese where the Spanish translation is sourced from the original English one)
- Empower community members to productively participate in the project
- Promote adherence to the community’s Code of Conduct
- When appropriate, mediate conflicts and moderate discussions
- Notify community about upcoming events, like biweekly progress calls and conference appearances
- Listening to community members
- FreedomBox power user