WordPress Status 2023

Hey All,

Just wondering what the status is for complete integration of WordPress into FreedomBox, I’m still having to manually update plugins, themes, etc. on my install, and it’s a bit of a PITA. Hoping to see the updating functions work correctly from the WP admin interface under FreedomBox. I’m willing to do testing and help out with this, FWIW.

Thanks for replies in advance, and Have an Excellent Day!

1 Like

Should be as simple as installing a vsftpd package and some minor config no?

smelly,

Thanks for reply sorry it took so long for my reply, I have been doing development & testing work on RISC-V boards and doing LIFE for a minute. I have sshfs access into my FBX, and an administrative user account, so I don’t need vsftpd for my setup, but that is a great idea for others to use! I was just hoping that things could be “fixed” so that hand editing files in Wordpress on FBX was not a necessity.

I previously had a Wordpress blog for a number of years, and it was nice to be able to administer it from the WP Admin interface, as opposed to the current state of affairs with WP in FBX. It’s okay though, I can deal with it, I LOVE my FBX, and all the other stuff I can do with it in addition to WP…