Upgrade to Bullseye

I think these locale errors are harmless. If you want to avoid them, you can run sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales and select the locale(s) you want to generate.

https://wiki.debian.org/Locale#Standard

I had the same problem and ran the following command:

$ sudo apt remove fuse && sudo apt install fuse3 && sudo apt upgrade

Although I got the same warnings about locales, everything went smoothly, so I ran unattended-upgrade:

$ sudo unattended-upgrade -d

As a result, libntfs-3g883 was removed, and several packages are kept back.

Package at-spi2-core has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package batctl has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-bridge has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-networkmanager has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-packagekit has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-pcp has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-storaged has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-system has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package cockpit-ws has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package freedombox-doc-en has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package freedombox-doc-es has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package guile-2.2-libs has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Package guile-2.2-libs is kept back because a related package is kept back or due to local apt_preferences(5).
Package libatspi2.0-0 has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down.
Extracting content from /var/log/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log since 2021-09-02 14:21:30

Nevertheless, it appears I am now running v. 21.7. Should there be any cause for concern?

My Pioneer FreedomBox is not upgrading beyond 21.4.4~bpo10+1 though it managed to dist-upgrade to Bullseye successfully.

The following packages have been kept back:
  freedombox guile-2.2-libs sshfs zile

I wonder if this is also related to fuse3.

For freedombox, guile-2.2-libs and sshfs, probably. For zile I don’t know, I don’t have it. You can check with “apt -s install packageX” for each upgradable package.

Regarding packages kept back after upgrade to bullseye, see issue #2103

1 Like

@lifeform thanks! Is it recommended then to run sudo apt full-upgrade? Also, no where does it mention libntfs-3g883 being removed as it was on my installation :confused:

I am hesitant to upgrade from the command line unless necessary. In the past I have had prompts regarding configuration files and I did not know how to answer, resulting in a broken installation.