Tiny Tiny RSS Failed to Install

Plugged into router
Delivered today, 05172019
version 19.2. FreedomBox is up to date.
Installed 3 apps and TTrss was to be the 4th
This may be a user as this would be my first RSS (limited use of gPodder years back). So it may be ignorance. I did not set up any Database:
Details:
Error installing application: (‘ttrss’, ‘’, ‘Synchronizing state of tt-rss.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable tt-rss\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 172, in \n main()\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 168, in main\n subcommand_method(arguments)\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 119, in subcommand_enable\n enable_api_access()\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 105, in enable_api_access\n database=database, user=user, password=password, host=host)\n File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/psycopg2/init.py”, line 130, in connect\n conn = _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, **kwasync)\npsycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”\nFATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”\n\n’)

Thanks
row

Hi Row, I’m sorry that you’ve experienced this issue.

To confirm if the issue is consistent across FreedomBox units, I tested this on a Pioneer Edition LIME2 running versoin 19.2 (up to date). The FreedomBox already had about 5 apps installed. When I tried to install Tiny Tiny RSS, I did not receive the error message you posted. Tiny Tiny RSS actually installed successfully. One thing to note is that about half way through the installation, the UI disappeared and Firefox showed the error message “Cannot connect to server.” So I simply refreshed the page, and the UI reappeared, and I watched the installation continue to the end.

Given my successful installation, I think your issue is unique to your use case. Let’s see if we can figure out what went wrong:

1. First of all, is the issue still present? If you try to install again, do you get the same error?

2. Have you tried to customize your FreedomBox image manaully via SSH?

Perhaps @njoseph can interpret your error message.

haidar

Glad it isn’t a system issue.

Yes the issue is still present <> just attempted to install TTrs right now <> Failed

No I have not tried to customize the image (if it comes to that I will look up how to do it)

Although I’m not a newbie to Linux, I’m just a bit beyond it. Similar to a Learner’s Driving Permit in the USA. I am a newbie to servers. At this point it’s not really needed but I wanted to support the decentralization idea and hope to get involved in using a server. For e.g. right now I use TeamViewer to communicate and control a MacMini and this Antergos Desktop. (TV is set to LAN only)

FreedomBox System Diagnostics:

• Most errors have to do with tcp6

• Module: Networks:

• Using DNSSEC on IPv4 <<>> Fail

• Using DNSSEC on IPv6 <<>> Fail

Thanks,

row17

Can confirm. Having the exact same issue.

Error installing application: (‘ttrss’, ‘’, ‘Synchronizing state of tt-rss.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable tt-rss\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 172, in \n main()\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 168, in main\n subcommand_method(arguments)\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 119, in subcommand_enable\n enable_api_access()\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss”, line 105, in enable_api_access\n database=database, user=user, password=password, host=host)\n File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/psycopg2/init.py”, line 130, in connect\n conn = _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, **kwasync)\npsycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”\nFATAL: password authentication failed for user “ttrss”\n\n’)

My diagnostics also look good except for ipv6 issues.

If it helps, already installed apps are: deluge, radicale, jsxc, ejabberd, openvpn, mediawiki

Thanks for confirming, @kat85. It seems like this issue is in need of more attention.

Maybe one of the core developers can figure out what is happening here. @jvalleroy @njoseph @sunil

This sounds like https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/issues/1303, but that was confirmed to be fixed in v0.45.0.