Dear FB community.
Tiny Tiny RSS hotkey ‘o’ for opening an article in a new browser tab stopped working, showing “NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI” as error. Here’s the fix.
Since the last major upgrade, my tt-rss installation had issues in the following scenario:
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to FreedomBox.
- Go to Tiny Tiny RSS application page.
- Select an article entry from one of the subscribed feeds
- Press hotkey ‘o’ to open the entry in a new browser tab
I expect the article link to be opened in a new browser tab.
A new browser tab with “about:blank” opens (I am using Firefox), but no article. The tt-rss tab shows an error popup with a message “NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI” and a stack-trace.
- FreedomBox version: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) and FreedomBox version 21.10.
- Hardware: RaspberryPi 2 Model B
- How did you install FreedomBox?: Flashed from official Raspi image
After some research I found this bug report with tt-rss:
Following their suggestions, I did the following:
- Logged into my FB via SSH using an administrative user
SELF_URL_PATHto my full installation URI, e. g .
- Saved the file, then hard-reloaded the tt-rss tab in my browser
This fixed the issue, and I can open articles using the hotkey again. I hope this helps, if anybody else has the same problem.