Quota not working (qgroup not set)

If i use apt for install programs i get this info. Is it necessary to do something? How to set the group?

• Whether your FreedomBox is plugged into a router? Yes
  • The month and year you bought your kit? August 2019 from Olimex
  • The version of FreedomBox? 20.12.1.

Did you do all this?
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install

I believe they are referring to log messages like these that say “quota not working”. Similar messages would appear when installing/upgrading packages with apt-based snapshots enabled.

Aug  5 02:11:42 pioneer dbus-daemon[329]: [system] Activating service name='org.opensuse.Snapper' requeste
d by ':1.169' (uid=0 pid=31635 comm="/usr/lib/snapper/systemd-helper --cleanup ") (using servicehelper)
Aug  5 02:11:47 pioneer dbus-daemon[329]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.opensuse.Snapper'
Aug  5 02:11:49 pioneer systemd-helper[31635]: running number cleanup for 'root'.
Aug  5 02:11:49 pioneer systemd-helper[31635]: quota not working (qgroup not set)
Aug  5 02:11:54 pioneer systemd-helper[31635]: running timeline cleanup for 'root'.
Aug  5 02:11:54 pioneer systemd-helper[31635]: quota not working (qgroup not set)
Aug  5 02:12:41 pioneer systemd-helper[31635]: running empty-pre-post cleanup for 'root'.
Aug  5 02:12:41 pioneer systemd[1]: snapper-cleanup.service: Succeeded.
1 Like

Some days ago i used a System-Snapshot to revert back because I confused ikiwiki with a video file. Since that i see that this snapshot is still in use? In the meantime I have restarted the box several times

and I see this message quota not working… when i use apt for install something and also

Failed to set locale. Fix your system.

tried with

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

than i get

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
[sudo] password for #user#:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = “de_DE.UTF-8”
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale (“C”).
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

I am not sure how to answer the question about the locales for the whole system…
It irritates me that this snapshot is still in use (?) and I wonder if these problems could be related to this snapshot. However, the system is running normally. Apology for my poor knowledge

Now I’m sure my system is still based on this snapshot and my problems are related to this but how can I change that? I don’t have access during startup because I can’t connect a monitor to the box and i don’t find any grub files