I’m following up on a discussion we had on a recent progress call. We are planning a FreedomBox hackathon in New York City on Saturday, November 16, 2019. Our team has decided the basics structure of the day, but we still need to figure out the details.
Here is what we have in mind:
Participants: Any FreedomBox contributors or users who want to join us in New York City
Registration: Free, but we would like to request email registrations ahead of the event just so we can plan for the number of guests. More details on registration will be posted later.
- 9:00am-12:00pm: Open Discussion Session
- participants discuss development goals for FreedomBox
- Who is involved: core team + anyone who comes to NYC for the event
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm-5:00pm: Hackathon Session, consisting of three activities
(1) installfest: learn how to set up a FreedomBox
(2) development environment: learn how to set up you development environments
(3) guided coding: code for FreedomBox with our team
This event is still evolving, but the above outline is what we have settled on so far. Let us know what you think, and stay tuned for more updates!