Pagekite and matrix federation

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago I got my Pioner FreedomBox and apart from using it for hosting my private blog I wanted to also run my own matrix homeserver. Since my provider uses carrier-grade NAT I had some difficulties in setting up matrix federation via pagekite. It’s working now but I thought I share my setup. It might be helpful and maybe I could get some feedback on what could improved or if there was an easier way?

Here the drawing of my setup with some pros and cons how I currently see it.

And btw, thanks to the whole community for a great free software product! I ordered already a second box so I can keep one running and another one for experimenting :slight_smile:

Chris

2 Likes

I started only do some testing with FreedomBox since last week. I have it now running on a little computer (1.8 Ghz / 4G memory). With these specs it runs great but I also really like the little box because of the low power consumption and the battery backup.

I really would like to know how well it runs on the little board (1 Ghz / 1G memory).
These specs worry me a little concerning performance.

Can you tell me something what your experience is with performance?

I am afraid I haven’t been using the FreedomBox as a Matrix server for a long time and when I tested it in 2019 it was more or less a personal proof-of-concept only with hardly any traffic. So unfortunately I can’t say much about its performance.

Okay, thanks anyway for your response!

Bert

1 Like