I download and set up OpenVPN on the web interface and generate a profile. I then manually change the IP address so it will turn to my FreedomBox. I get the screenshot below, but I can’t access google or any other part of the web.
Steps to Reproduce
- forward VPN port 1194
- grab external IP address with external tool.
- login into the freedombox web interface
- Change sources to allow the downloading of “apps”
- download OpenVPN
- generate profile
- Add file to the OpenVPN app downloaded from F-droid on android phone or laptop
I can browse the internet like I could a year back
All services that require an internet connection hault
- *You are running Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid and FreedomBox version 21.15. FreedomBox is up to date.
- Hardware: RBPi 4
- *image from freedombox website, I think I tried both stable and unstable.