Is Freedom Box Going To Raise My Online Security/Privacy?

Hi, I run BackBox Linux, use a paid VPN, employ macchanger daily, operate security add-ons in my browser, have duckduck as the search engine.

Now while no 100% anonymity is guaranteed I’m hoping to some extent my digital footprint is fairly minimal.

I hope so as I’m actively engaged on a number of issues and so protect myself from exposure and intrusion.

Now with that being said, and mindful of the caveat that complete security means dropping my laptop into a blast furnace and not going online, I’m wondering (for my needs) if Freedom Box offers, in a real sense, any greater protection and privacy to the measures I’m already taking?

If the experience, knowledge and consensus response is positive on that then I have a couple more questions. Until then I look forward to suggestions and ideas on this matter. Thanks

Oh I just read on another post that Freedom Box runs on Debian only…that being the case my questions are somewhat invalidated :slight_smile:

In response to the last part of your post… “Oh I just read on another post that Freedom Box runs on Debian only…that being the case my questions are somewhat invalidated”

…you wouldn’t typically run Freedombox on your work machine. You would normally run it on something like a power efficient single board machine, like, for example, a Raspberry Pi, and it would provide you with security and privacy focused services, as well as some cloud services that would otherwise, typically, require using third party services.

1 Like