Install Freedombox by Blend option in the installer - Dose not avoid configuration prompts for: LDAP

Hi All,

I have used debian-13.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso and the Blend option in the installer to install Freedombox.

Unfortunately the configuration prompts for Freedombox LDAP are not being avoided. Which then ends up braking ? The install of Freebombox.

When I install Freedombox from the command line with:

sudo DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install freedombox.

Then configuration prompts for LDAP are avoided and the Freeboxbox install is OK.

Regards: peter

2 Likes

I also noticed that when I tried in a virtual machine.

Did you mean that the installed freedombox was not working? My impression was that it was working ok.

Same experience for me.

Hi @Avron

I not 100% sure that the Freedombox install is broken ? but it a lot better when these LDAP config options are avoided !

Like when using the command line and sudo DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install freedombox. You are not given options that could brake the install of Freedombox.

Regards: peter

We do want to avoid these questions did some work on these lines when we last worked with Blends team. I have created an issue for better tracking this problem: Ensure that Debian installer does not show package configuration questions during installation (#2532) · Issues · FreedomBox / FreedomBox · GitLab

I do think that it does not matter how these questions are answered. FreedomBox will completely and properly reconfigure the packages involved. I have tested with providing default answers to these questions and everything seems to work. This is the same as when people simply run ‘apt-get install freedombox’ without the DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive part. Please confirm if are seeing issues here. We would like to fix those too separately.

This also does not work with -y option. I think @nbenedek is discussing this earlier here and has plans to correct this.