Implementing a reboot shedule

I’d like to guarantee that my box reboots everyday, in case it gets hung up on something while I’m away.

I’ve tried using cron and setting a reboot command every day. But the command doesn’t seem to work.

journalctl shows the following

Feb 15 17:25:01 freedombox sudo[9274]: pam_unix(sudo:auth): conversation failed
Feb 15 17:25:01 freedombox sudo[9274]: pam_unix(sudo:auth): auth could not identify password for [admin]
Feb 15 17:25:01 freedombox sudo[9274]: pam_ldap(sudo:auth): failed to get password: Authentication failure
Feb 15 17:25:01 freedombox CRON[9269]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user admin

Is there a nice way to run reboot everyday on the box?

Hi Llama,

In the short term you can do this with a program called cron. If you search the web for how to schedule reboot with cron for Debian I am 100% you will get an answer that works for you.

For a longer term approach request a cron front end for freedom box as a new feature and see how much support that gets.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of any instability you are experiencing but cron scheduled reboot will get you through the night.

Edit: to be polite to the computer issue a sync command just before reboot, shutdown, or init command.

Of course… I’ve been away too long. Forgot this was just Debian…
Thanks man.
I ended up just adding a line
0 5 * * * sync && /sbin/shutdown -r now
to my root crontab