Ikiwiki - how to create a new Wiki page?

Problem Description
I have installed ikiwiki and created a “Recipes” Wiki page. The intention is to make this page an index of many recipes and to create a new page for each recipe, linked to the index. However I see no way in the Web UI and in the Preferences page to create a new Wiki page. Can this be done in the UI and how?

I see one way to create a new page: login via ssh (or via the terminal in Cockpit) and create the file with admin rights in the Web directory of the Apache server: /var/www/ikiwiki/Recipes/.

Would the MediaWiki app be a better alternative for page creation?

Writing the text above and asking my question helped me explore some different ways to create a new Wiki page. I have found two possible solutions.

1. Insert an internal wiki link to a non-existing page results in the page being created. In my case, I put the following link in the index file: [[Recipes:FruitSalad]]. Not very intuitive, but it works!
  2. Add a plugin to ikiwiki on FreedomBox: I have discovered the plugin 404 which allows the direct creation of a non-existing page. In the advanced setup page in the UI, I have discovered a line with the 404 plugin in the Web plugins section. But the preceding checkbox is grayed out. I am not sure that a direct change of the ikiwiki setup file and also the Apache config file will resolve the issue. Any help is appreciated.