Ikiwiki blog error

Problem Description
I’m getting an error on my ikiwiki blog (I might have caused the error…) - how do I fix it? Note: I posted this error on the ikiwiki forum as well, hopefully Joey will see it… :slight_smile:
Here’s the error:

Last edited some time or other (Can’t locate DateTime/Calendar/Discordian.pm in @INC (you may need to install the DateTime::calendar::Discordian module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.32.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.32 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32 /usr/share/perl/5.32 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at (eval 1566) line 3. BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 1566) line 3. – hail Eris!)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Go to ikiwiki blog, and edit (ikiwiki’s term for “create”) a post.
  2. Save the post (ikiwiki’s term for “publish”).
  3. Note that the error above appears at the bottom of the blog post instead of the date/time of the post

Expected Results
I expected to see a real date or a relative date (“posted 3 days, 2 hours ago…”)

Actual results
I get an error with the following message:

Last edited some time or other (Can’t locate DateTime/Calendar/Discordian.pm in @INC (you may need to install the DateTime::calendar::Discordian module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.32.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.32 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32 /usr/share/perl/5.32 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at (eval 1566) line 3. BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 1566) line 3. – hail Eris!)

Information

• FreedomBox version: 29.1
  • Hardware: acer amd64 netbook
  • How did you install FreedomBox?: ‘apt install freedombox’ over debian 11

link to ikiwiki ticket:
https://ikiwiki.info/forum/discordian/

link to blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiwiki/NotesfromtheMudbox/

It seems like it’s because you embedded an image from Zoph which tries to a authenticate over your post. You can try it in an incognito window. When I click cancel on the log in prompt, the error disappears.

hmmmm. that’s strange. So the DateTime/Calendar/Discordian error is because of an embedded zoph image? I don’t understand.

Also, this error shows up on all the blog posts at the bottom - but only one post contains a zoph image - are you saying the one image is affecting all of the other posts?

But this just became a non-issue - I figured out how to create a “share” folder, and can now get the images from there.

Thank you for the continued support!

1 Like

I’m still prompted to log in🤔

You should delete this: test ceiling fan

This file is provided by the package libdatetime-calendar-discordian-perl. I suppose it is not part of our standard Ikiwiki install. Installing this package should at least fix the compilation error.

1 Like

hmmmm. what does that mean? I see it too, but if I click “cancel”, I can read the blog like a normal person.

It means that you shouldn’t insert images from Zoph. :smile:

1 Like