OpenVPN unstable Works but if system reboots PI is bricked
Privoxy working
Quassel n/a
Radicale n/a
Roundcube n/a

3 Likes

Thank you for an awesome report.

Cockpit unstable Installs but cannot use

Could you check that behaviour is same as Cockpit: Not working consistently (#1577) · Issues · FreedomBox / FreedomBox · GitLab . It sort work when page is refreshed.

Secure Shell (SSH) Server working Does not support certificates

Do you mean mean logging into an account using client SSH keys?

With Cockpit the refresh did display the login fields but I couldn’t log in. I get a blank page. Notice the body had a hidden attribute so I use webDeveloper and enabled it. Then I saw a message “Server has closed connection” and a button Reconnect. There is a spinner in upper right corner that hasn’t stopped spinning. I had disabled AdBlock for the page so I don’t know how the hidded attribute was put on body tag. I also disabled Privoxy but same white page.

About SSH, Yes I meant logging in with SSH keys. I typically use Putty with certs when logging into other SSH servers.

Hi All,

My PI 3 B+ is bricked after instaling OpenVPN.

Perhaps a warning to the 25 million pi owners not to install Freedombox would be a good idea.

For me, it is a small set-back. I will buy new hardware and carry on.

The problem with OpenVPN is not specific to Pi 3B+. It happens on all hardware and fix is available in FreedomBox 19.2. If you can upgrade to FreedomBox 19.2 before trying to install OpenVPN, then everything should be fine. This upgrade, however, is currently not automatic due to Buster freeze. One will need to get it explicitly from unstable and install it. It should be available soon after Buster release.

It bricked my pi 3 B+ also, but I just re-imaged the SD card and it was back up. It wasn’t destroyed.

I was just able to login to cockpit using Microsoft Edge browser. Chrome and Firefox I just got a blank white page. I think it may have to do with not having a cert for the 192.168.xxx.xxx ip address. Just notice it came alive when I came in from my dydns URL not my internal IP.

I have a feeling that maybe the problem does not occur when Cockpit is used with proper domain name. Such as http://<domain>/_cockpit instead of http://<ip>/_cockpit. Would anyone be able to try that?

Hi I’m French. I installed Freedombox on a rpi3 and when it is on my local network 192.168.xx.xxx, I do not have access to cockpit, but on a domain name, there are no problems.

cordially

1 Like