Dear FreedomBox team, let me first thank you for this amazing project and opportunity to decentralise and privatise bits and pieces of our online lives.
Initial info as required :
- I run FreedomBox on a Pioneer edition, connected to my home router (& modem, just one piece of equipment)
- Bought it in November 2019
- Running v. 20.5
So I am basically testing my external via trying to connect to Mumble for example.
Here is the description of my setup :
- I have created a domain name on GNuDip, with a username.
- I have configured it to point to my public IP address (which doesn’t seem to be modified by my ISP).
- On my router setup I have a DMZ pointing to local IP of the freedombox.
- On my router setup I have configured port redirection for ports 80,443, and both TCP & UDP ports for Mumble
Yet I can’t access Mumble from outside my LAN with my public IP/mumbleport. However it works when I am connected to my LAN WiFi. I can access FreedomBox via Tor though, and can access Cockpit using the domain address for the Pioneer.
It seems Let’s Encrypt never delivered a certificate properly, can it be a cause of the issue ?
Finally Matrix Synapse always fail to install. Maybe for the same reason ?
Thanks for your help guys,