I’m trying to update Syncthing on a fresh install of Freedombox and it’s giving me this error message: "Error installing application: UNIQUE constraint failed: auth_group.name "
Steps to Reproduce
- Boot Fredombox from a fresh stable image on a PINE A64+.
- Configure Freedombox network and DNS settings.
- Install Syncthing.
- Wait 24 hours to allow Freedombox to update.
- Change password to something more secure.
- Click the Update button on Syncthing’s app page.
I expected Syncthing to update and allow me to launch the web client.
I get an error with the following message:
Error installing application: UNIQUE constraint failed: auth_group.name
- FreedomBox version: 21.4.2
- Hardware: PINE A64+
- How did you install FreedomBox?: Downloaded an image from the Wiki.
My hunch is the problem has to do with my password change. That error message looks, to my poorly self-taught programmer’s eye, like a Python error where you accidentally duplicate the name of an object. “auth_group” sounds like something related to user names and permissions, but I have no idea what to do with this information.
Any suggestions on fixes?