I configured backups to a remote valid sftp location and found an error saying something about sshfs and “file exists”.
I don’t know if at least there’s one old backup available and all the following ones failed. Or if nothing has worked yet. What I know is that credentials and permissions are good for freedombox to access the remote server. It uses proftpd with the sftp module. It’s the best way I found to give sftp access without any kind of shell permission nor global filesystem visibility.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to backups page
- Look at the second option. It says something like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing appears with the unfoldable arrow. I assume this means no backup has ever been made.
- Click on “mount Location”, the eye icon.
- Error appears.
I would expect that this was just a warning, or a self-healing error, or that it gave me more information about what to do about it. But of course, my expectation is to enjoy automatic backups.
The error message:
Mounting failed: (‘sshfs’, ‘’, 'Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/sshfs”, line 127, in
File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/sshfs”, line 123, in main
File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/sshfs”, line 50, in subcommand_mount
File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/sshfs”, line 90, in validate_mountpoint
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/os.py”, line 221, in makedirs
FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists: ‘/media/d4d74d8a-aaaa-bbbb-cccc-024207c0b155’
- FreedomBox version: You are running Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) and FreedomBox version 21.4.2. FreedomBox is up to date.
- Hardware: Pioneer home server, olimex olinuxino a20 (bought in 2019)
- How did you install FreedomBox?: ‘bought pre-installed hardware’