Error loading modules: Error opening directory “/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/udisks2/modules”: No such file or directory

I am running Freedom Box on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Over the years I have done several re-installs of the system. The error that shows up every time in the logs is:

Error loading modules: Error opening directory “/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/udisks2/modules”: No such file or directory

The Disk Manager is running

Disk Manager

Status
RunningActive since Sep 20, 2023, 2:15 PM
Automatically starts

Path /lib/systemd/system/udisks2.service

Memory 3.12 MB

Is this something I can ignore? The reasons for the re-install, after say 6-9 months, were that the system ran out of space on a 32Gb sd card. I’m wondering if this related.

Hello @DonQuishot!

Regarding the error you’ve encountered in your logs:

This error might not be directly linked to your main issue of running out of space. Are there any specific disk management functionalities that aren’t working as expected?

The problem of frequently running out of space on a 32GB SD card certainly stands out. Using an external HDD with your Raspberry Pi 3B+ could be a good solution to increase your storage capacity. Have you already tried this? Also, It might help to check in Cockpit > Storage for any additional insights.

On a related note, I use an external USB HDD with my Pioneer FreedomBox. I’ve noticed that sometimes, under heavy load, the Pioneer doesn’t provide sufficient power to the HDD, leading to udisks errors when the HDD momentarily loses power and gets remounted. While this might not be exactly what’s happening in your case, it could be worth investigating if a similar power issue is occurring with your setup.