Ejaberrd not working

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Here is my issue with which I am looking for support:

Problem Description
I installed ejabberd on my freedombox but I cannot use it with my client software.

Steps to Reproduce

1. I configured dynDNS through GnuDIP and in my freedombox.
  2. I installed ejabberd in my freedombox.
  3. I enabled the application and message archive management.
  4. I forwarded the ports 80, 443, 5222, 5269 and 5280 from my router to my computer.
  5. I created a user in “users and groups” on my freedombox.
  6. I tried to login with the client-software conversations to my account with “username@mydomain.freedombox.rocks”.

Expected Results
I expected to be able to start using my XMPP-messenger.

Actual results
When I want to access it from my client I am told "The server is not responsible for this domain. (“Der Server ist nicht für diese Domain verantwortlich.”)
Also, my diagnostic test fails in one part (the others passed):
“Access URL http://[fe80::201:2eff:fe00:a004%enp1s0]/bosh/ on tcp6”

Information

• FreedomBox version: 19.1
  • Hardware: Zotac-computer (AMD)
  • How did you install FreedomBox?: I installed a new Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) and installed the packages with apt-get.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Greetings from Europe,
Adrian

Can you access anything else at mydomain.freedombox.rocks? An Ikiwiki instance or some such? Apologies if this is a silly question.

Were you able to solve it? and how ?

Hi. I have this problem too. Has anyone figured out the problem? I tried a few different client and all don’t work.

@dominikm86
I have a Raspberry Pi 4, and after reading this topic I tried ejabberd on my installation and experienced the same problem. In my case, for some reason, my domain wasn’t automatically set in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml. You can check if your problem is caused by the same misconfiguration by following these steps:

1. Log into the server via SSH:
  2. Type into the terminal: sudo nano /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml and hit enter. You can navigate in the file using your keyboard’s arrow keys.
  3. The hosts: section of the file was set to localhost, which I changed for my actual domain name.
  4. Exit the file by pressing Ctrl + X and then pressing Y.
  5. Type sudo systemctl reload ejabberd and press enter.

Thanks for your reply. Now I am getting “Domain not verifiable”.
I changed my host to
hosts:
“blah.fbx.one”
Is this the correct format?

Screenshot_20220209_101633

Can you also try to reobtain your Let’s Encrypt certificate in “System” >> “Let’s Encrypt”

Resolved !

I’ve doen your solution (I discover it just now) this morning.

I discover it when I try another solution : install ejabber ( prosody) on a regular Raspi OS XMPP/Jabber server - Raspberry Pi blog . And after somes tests, Gagim will work well. Then, I reconnect rpi with Freedom box and search for ejabber files, like than prosody. I found the same file than you.

It’s work well.

But, Freedombox as a NAT router :S there is a serious issue …

1 Like

thanks for the solution, I haven’t used Ejabberd but now it is there in case I need it.

1 Like

I confirmed that the host is in the correct format and re obtained the certificate on Let’s Encrypt and I am still getting “Domain not verifiable”.