Here is my issue with which I am looking for support:
I installed ejabberd on my freedombox but I cannot use it with my client software.
Steps to Reproduce
- I configured dynDNS through GnuDIP and in my freedombox.
- I installed ejabberd in my freedombox.
- I enabled the application and message archive management.
- I forwarded the ports 80, 443, 5222, 5269 and 5280 from my router to my computer.
- I created a user in “users and groups” on my freedombox.
- I tried to login with the client-software conversations to my account with “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
I expected to be able to start using my XMPP-messenger.
When I want to access it from my client I am told "The server is not responsible for this domain. (“Der Server ist nicht für diese Domain verantwortlich.”)
Also, my diagnostic test fails in one part (the others passed):
“Access URL http://[fe80::201:2eff:fe00:a004%enp1s0]/bosh/ on tcp6”
- FreedomBox version: 19.1
- Hardware: Zotac-computer (AMD)
- How did you install FreedomBox?: I installed a new Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) and installed the packages with apt-get.
Thanks in advance for any responses!
Greetings from Europe,