List of things you liked
- Having control over the storage location of my RSS feeds.
- The UI is very clean.
- Seems stable.
List of things you disliked
- I wasn’t able to create neither categories nor labels after installation (described in section below).
- I’m having difficulties to connect an Android client because of certificate issues.
- I’ve been unable to connect any other RSS client. Is it even possible?
- I would prefer that their community forum didn’t have a category named “Gas Chamber”.
Right after installation, clicking “Create category” in the “Preferences” > “Feeds” menu does nothing.
Manually creating a category in the database solved the issue.
Manually creating a category in the database solved the issue:
# As root runuser -l postgres -c 'psql' # Connect to ttrrs database \c ttrss # Determine your id: SELECT id, login FROM ttrss_users WHERE login = '<YOUR_LOGIN_NAME>'; # List existing categories SELECT * FROM ttrss_feed_categories; # Create a category: INSERT INTO ttrss_feed_categories(owner_uid, parent_cat, title) VALUES (<YOUR_ID>, null, '<NEW CATEGORY NAME>');
From that point on, the categories are properly displayed in the UI and the “Create category” button works.
I haven’t tried this solution with labels (which still don’t work in my installation).
Tiny Tiny RSS code should be fixed. As a temporary workaround, some generic categories could be automatically added by FreedomBox as part a post-installation actions.