Deluged reinstall problem

My deluge app stopped working, the app suddenly reported an error, the preferences settings were not saving etc.
I purged an app, deleted module with

“sudo echo “delete from plinth_module where name=‘deluged’;” | sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/plinth/plinth.sqlite3”

and then i tried to reinstall the app from the webpage.
I get the following error:

"Error installing app: (‘Unable to setup deluged.’, b’Waiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\nWaiting for {service} configuration\n’, b’\x1b[31m ERROR\x1b[0m \x1b[94m__main__ \x1b[0m Error executing action: Unable to setup deluged.\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File “/usr/share/plinth/actions/actions”, line 92, in _call\n return_values = func(*arguments['args'], **arguments['kwargs'])\n ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\n File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/plinth/modules/deluge/privileged.py”, line 127, in setup\n _wait_for_configuration('deluged', 'core.conf')\n File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/plinth/modules/deluge/privileged.py”, line 154, in _wait_for_configuration\n raise Exception(f'Unable to setup {service}.')\nException: Unable to setup deluged.\n’) "

Any hints to the solution would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Anders

1 Like

It is due to this bug:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1031593

There’s a fix in Debian testing/unstable. But there isn’t a fix for the version in stable.

1 Like

I’m using Transmission for now until it gets sorted.

Is there a fix for this?