[COMPLETED] Anyone has a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and willing to help some testing?

Many people are reporting that stable images are working fine. The stable image has not changed in a while. Please make sure you are not expecting anything on the monitor connected via HDMI. Instead find the FreedomBox on network as described in the manual and use the web interface.

We have made recent changes to testing and unstable to fix the issue. So, those are likely working as well (we could use a confirmation).

Hi Sunil,
Iā€™ll try again, Iā€™ve been following the instructions to the letter.
Does having an HDMI cable attached make any difference?
Iā€™ll update soon.

Hi Sunil,
I re-downloaded the stable img. used balenaEtcher to copy files to sd. followed instructions and after 10 mins - nothing. No green light, no Ethernet light, can be seen by router. Continuing to set up through browser. Still no ethernet lights though.

Update: So far - All working, radicale failed install - had to ssh in to correct. Ethernet lights not working.

Having HDMI cable attached should not make any difference. Just donā€™t expect anything to show up on the monitor.

Awesome!

Folks, thanks to everyone for helping with this issue. I have again tested the latest stable and testing images to be working. The issue with Raspberry Pi 3B+ images has been confirmed to have been addressed with recent changes. All seems to be working well. I am closing this issue now. But it would be nice if we can get one additional confirmation that testing images too are also working well.

1 Like

All seem to work except for the ethernet lights. Makes for confusion as they both should work! Where should i report this?

@JavaInJames, thanks for the confirmation. I believe the Ethernet lights would be up to the Linux kernel driver or even lower level. I am not sure if there anything we can do about it other than perhaps document the behavior.

I see that this issue was closed, but I have been having trouble the last several days with Raspberry Pi 2 images. I have tried flashing both the stable and testing images, but neither of them will boot. I start them up but can never see them on the local network.

EDIT: Iā€™m not sure if it is relevant, but I just tried the Raspberry Pi 2 ā€œold stableā€ image and it wonā€™t boot either. I can boot Raspbian just fine though, so it is definitely not the device.

I have tried Raspberry Pi 3 but not 2. But I canā€™t imagine a reason why Raspberry 2 image is not work. Checking some basics, please make sure that:

• Downloaded imageā€™s signature is correct.
  • It is written to the SD card properly.
  • You are not expecting output on a HDMI monitor
  • You have waited for at least 10 minutes on first boot before expecting the box to work
  • You have tried both stable and testing images
  • Your board is Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

I tried everything again and this time the testing image worked! I tried with the stable image first, and it still didnā€™t work, but Iā€™m glad one of them worked this time!

• I verified signatures.
  • Iā€™ve written the images to the SD card with both dd and balenaEtcher.
  • Iā€™m not expecting any monitor output (nothing hooked up).
  • Iā€™ve waited well over 10 minutes (30+).
  • ā€œRaspberry Pi 2 Model Bā€ is written on the board.
1 Like