Cannot log in from home domain

Have you tried to login at the IP address (https://192.168.x.xxx/plinth, or https://2600:1700:d0c:8810::45/plinth) of your freedombox yet? It looks like you are using IPV6, which I have not used on my freedombox yet, so I cannot really help you there, but it may have something to do with it, as I have seen it cause issues for other users here in the forum. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

i tried to log in like this - no luck

i can only ssh and unfortunately my account is locked in plinth. cannot administer the box.

any way to unlock the account in plint from ssh?

I cannot log in to plinth from any domain (my freedombox.rocks or my local network).

This has been ongoing for months now.

All other services are working fine, including ssh and my erlang server (which is terrific).

Is there any way to reset plinth?

Any help would be appreciated for this longstanding issue.

I use the olimex board.

Here are commands you can use to entire reset Plinth’s database. Note that you will need to “install” apps again to mark them as installed.

Please take a full backup of the SD card first, in case something goes wrong.
Then log in through SSH, and type the following commands:
$ sudo -s
# systemctl stop plinth

Fill in the username and password of the old admin user account that is not working:
# echo "{old-admin-password}" | /usr/share/plinth/actions/users remove-user {old-admin-username}

# rm /var/lib/plinth/plinth.sqlite3
# systemctl start plinth

After this, when accessing the FreedomBox web interface, it should go through the first run steps again, including creating the admin user account.

Thank you most kindly for the help and response once again.

I have followed the steps above and reset plinth and users.

I can connect to the interface again!!!
However, one of my main uses for the freedombox, which is ejabberd server with attachments, and which was working perfectly before, does not seem to work now (can send text but not attachments).

The error i receive when sending omemo attachments is “connection closed by peer”.

I am using the same ejabberd.yml setup.

Does this sound like a permissions problem for the new user? Sorry to diverge in topic, I just wanted some help in trying to begin to decipher this. I remember it took a long time to get attachments to work initially, but once it was working it was great!!

Best regards everyone and thanks for the help.