Can not install Wordpress

Hi, I am trying to learn Freedombox. I ran in quite a few problems but I have sorted out quite a few already. But I do not know how to solve this problem. I use a desktop with a fresh install of Linux Mint 21.2, basically a Ubuntu ( i did again a fresh install to rule out other configurations etc.).

Problem Description
WordPress can not be installed.

Error installing application: Error during installation debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.) debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readline debconf: (This frontend requires a controlling tty.) debconf: falling back to frontend: Teletype Renaming removed key_buffer and myisam-recover options (if present) Specified filename /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 does not exist. 2023-12-16T14:56:58.779690Z 0 [ERROR] [MY-010946] [Server] Failed to start mysqld daemon. Check mysqld error log. Warning: Unable to start the server. Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status mysql.service” and “journalctl -xeu mysql.service” for details. invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action “start” failed. ● mysql.service - MySQL Community Server Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2023-12-16 15:56:59 CET; 7ms ago Process: 7624 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/mysql/mysql-systemd-start pre (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) CPU: 8ms dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-8.0 (–configure): installed mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of default-mysql-server: default-mysql-server depends on mysql-server-8.0; however: Package mysql-server-8.0 is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing package default-mysql-server (–configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: mysql-server-8.0 default-mysql-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

In the Cockpit I see that MySql Community server failed to start. Apparently there is missing something

Steps to Reproduce

1. Click on the App WordPress and click the button ‘Install’

Information

• FreedomBox version: You are running Linux Mint 21.2 and FreedomBox version 22.5. FreedomBox is up to date.
  • How did you install FreedomBox?: With the built in Software Manager

Thanks for any suggestions!

FreedomBox must be installed on Debian. Ubuntu, Linux Mint and any other Debian derivatives are going to break.

Oké, thanks for this short and clear answer. I use the desktop for getting to learn Freedombox a bit, see how it works. Well, I give it some thoughts

You’re welcome! If you just want to experiment on your desktop, I would suggest running FreedomBox in QEMU or VirtualBox. There are specific images for these platforms at Download | FreedomBox - Personal Server at Home

1 Like