I have a gitea server running on my FB which offers to clone repos via ssh using the user git.
While ssh is running fine with my FB users, and the pubkey authorization also seems to work with the uploaded to gitea pubkey the connection is closed by the server immediately.
ssh git@<mydomain>.net Connection closed by 188.8.131.52 port 22
Steps to Reproduce
- If it hasn’t yet your git user needs a home folder containing a .ssh/authorized_keys file.
With .ssh on 0700 and authorized_keys 0600 permissions.
- Install gitea according to https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/install-from-binary/
- (Reverse)Proxy the gitea server to <yourdomain.com>/gitea (e.g.) like we wrote at [Solved] HowTo setup a subdomain and reverse proxy in FBox?
- Register a user and add a ssh pubkey in its settings.
- Don’t use the builtin ssh-server in gitea but the one on freedombox in app.ini
- Try to connect to user git via ssh
I should be able to login, shouldn’t I? Or at least I should be able to
git pull or clone under that address which also doesn’t work.
As stated above the Connection is closed immediately.
[snip] debug3: send_pubkey_test debug3: send packet: type 50 debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply debug3: receive packet: type 60 debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg rsa-sha2-512 blen 535 debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp SHA256:[some key] debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey: RSA SHA256:[the exact same key] debug3: send packet: type 50 Connection closed by 184.108.40.206 port 22
I ask myself it that can have to do with the user administration in Freedombox? As I can perfectly login as an FB-user but not with the system-user git.
- FreedomBox version: 20.5
- Hardware: odroidxu4
- How did you install FreedomBox?: Repository, apt, on Debian10 (Armbian)