About this Contributor Invite:
- Task Area: Debian packaging
- Effort rating: 4/5
- Skills required: Debian Packaging, GNU/Linux Command Line
Description of the Problem:
Searx is an extremely customizable meta-search engine which can be installed on FreedomBox. For example, one can choose the search engines involved in a query. However, currently, most of these options are not available to FreedomBox users of Searx unless they go to the command line and edit the configuration file. The searx-admin package solves this problem by providing a way to configure Searx using a beautiful web interface. searx-admin is not, however, packaged for Debian and needs to be packaged for Debian before it can become available in FreedomBox.
What we ask of you:
- Package material-design-lite for Debian separately as libjs-material-design-lite. This is embedded into searx-admin code base.
- Package searx-admin for Debian and use the libjs-material-design-lite package as dependency. This may need a small patch to use the Debian library instead of the embedded one.
A Debian request for packaging bug has been filed. It serves as the authority for tracking the progress on the issue while this issue is created for FreedomBox contributors to easily find the issue. Update the Debian bug when you start working on packaging.
Link to the issue in GitLab: https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/issues/1685#note_119573
How to claim this Contributor Invite :
Do you want to accept this invitation to contribute? If so, follow these steps:
- Comment on this forum post indicating that you would like to claim the invite. This will prevent multiple people from working on the same issue at the same time.
- Register an account with our GitLab instance and begin making your contributions on the GitLab issue page for this task. You can use the comment section of this forum post to ask questions, but the bulk of the development discussion should happen on GitLab.
If you need help with this issue, please feel free to ask for it from members of our core team: