WLAN USB-Stick AR9271 chipset

I use a USB-WLAN stick with AR9271 chipset and the wifi is working as intern network device on mz FreedomBox but in output of journalctl -f i see this message every second

freedombox wpa_supplicant[325]: wlx6cfdb9aac4fb: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-95 retry=1

Is the configuration wrong or incomplete? In the Debian Buster repository is a package “firmware-atheroFreedomBox Version 19.19s” but not in the freedombox respository. Is that package required? I have added :

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-adress=no

to the /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf. Without that the wifi doesn’t work. I am so happy to have the second network device running but it seems not working perfect.

FreedomBox Version 19.19
I love my FreedomBox

In the Debian Buster repository is a package “firmware-atheroFreedomBox Version 19.19s” but not in the freedombox respository.

Could you please explain what you mean by “freedombox repository”? Isn’t that the same as the Debian Buster repository?

Oh yes. I see my mistake. The package firmware-atheros is in contrib package-source. So I have to add this package source on the Freedombox

@MikaelB I don’t think you need that package. There is a free firmware package “firmware-ath9k-htc” which is included with the FreedomBox images.

I remember seeing a bit of activity on the firmware project before the free Debian package was released. Using this package might yield better results.