Searx internal server error on single client

Problem Description
I enabled all General category engines in searx from my phone. When I open searx from my phone I now get…

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request…

Solution to Share
Remove associated cookies from the client. This may seem simple, but Brave mobile for android did not show any stored site settings for my freedombox. In clicking the padlock/security indicator in the address bar the browser told me there were 20 cookies in use. I could delete these from the padlock menu correcting the problem.

I think the important and confusing thing here is that Brave, and possibly other browsers, have different interfaces to modify the cookie store. One worked where another did not.

Steps to Reproduce

1. login to freedombox
  2. click on the tile to open searx

Expected Results
I expected to see the searx search prompt page.

Actual results
Only on my phone do I get the Internal Server Error message above in *Problem Description. Searx works normally from my laptop.

Screenshot

Information

• *You are running Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) and FreedomBox version 22.12. FreedomBox is up to date.
  • Hardware: Linux fakehostname 5.10.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.113-1 (2022-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • How did you install FreedomBox?: buster netinst + DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install freedombox
1 Like