Run Ikiwiki only for registred users?

Is it possible to run the ikiwiki “not readable for everyone” (as a blog for friends and relatives), only for users with login? We in Europe have the problem with the cookie accept button on all websites and I see no way to realize this hint with Ikiwiki. If I publish my blog without this note I could get legal issues as I assume the ikiwiki uses Cookies …
Or does anyone know a solution to this problem?

One way to do this is by editing Apache configuration to require authentication on entire /ikiwiki path:

cat << EOF > /etc/apache2/conf-available/ikiwiki-local.conf
<Location /ikiwiki>
    Include includes/freedombox-auth-ldap.conf
    Require ldap-group cn=admin,ou=groups,dc=thisbox
    Require ldap-group cn=wiki,ou=groups,dc=thisbox
</Location>
EOF
a2enconf ikiwiki-local
systemctl reload apache2

Ikiwiki does not seem to be setting can cookies on anonymous visitors. So the EU cookie law should not apply (I am not a lawyer :slight_smile: ). You can verify this by vising the Wiki from a private windows and checking the cookies in the storage tab of browser’s developer console.

Hello and thank you,
Is this solution update resistant or will it be overwritten by an Apache update?

This solution is update resistant and will not cause automatic upgrades to stop upgrading any package or will not cause a configuration file prompt when updating manually. This is because we are creating a new file ikiwiki-local.conf instead of editing the existing file ikiwiki-plinth.conf.

1 Like