About this Contributor Invite:
- Task Area: Documentation
- Effort rating: 1/5
- Skills required: English, Linux command line familiarity
Description of the Problem:
Currently, our wiki’s documentation of SSH does not explain how to create and use SSH keys to log in to your FreedomBox via SSH. This is a problem because it means that users who are unfamiliar with SSH will not know how to create SSH keys and why SSH keys are preferable to passwords.
Since the FreedomBox operating system’s built-in manual is imported directly from our wiki’s documentation, this means that the text in FreedomBox manual is also lacking information about SSH.
What we ask of you:
Please edit the wiki page in our manual for SSH: https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/SecureShell
Please include the following information in your revisions to our documentation:
- how to create and use SSH keys to log in to your FreedomBox via SSH
- why SSH keys are preferable to passwords
- how Cockpit is an alternative within FreedomBox to using SSH
Link to the issue in GitLab: https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/issues/1628
How to claim this Contributor Invite:
Do you want to accept this invitation to contribute? If so, follow these steps:
- Comment on this forum post indicating that you would like to claim the invite. This will prevent multiple people from working on the same issue at the same time.
- Register an account with our GitLab instance and begin making your contributions on the GitLab issue page for this task. You can use the comment section of this forum post to ask questions, but the bulk of the development discussion should happen on GitLab.
If you need help with this issue, please feel free to ask for it from members of our core team: